Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Its Frogness


Sunbathing
Originally uploaded by Corydora.
What is it about frogs? Sometimes I think they're so cute, and at others I feel squirmish. It's true that some people love frogs and think they're all adorable, but not me. I like the tiny golden frogs you find in NorCal ponds. Bullfrogs scare me. As a four-year-old, it was terrifying to listen to their noise at night and I couldn't fall asleep. To be fair, though, I think that if I were to come across even a huge one on a walk, I'd probably be enraptured at the sight. Frogs fascinate me. The urge to go near one outweighs the instinct to run away. After all, the stories I heard as a girl about the ones that squirt blinding venom at people... well those involve toads, don't they?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?